The most common birds we deal with at Falconry Services are pigeons and seagulls nesting on commercial buildings across the UK. They cause financial damage and result in businesses being at risk of health and safety regulations due to their droppings and nesting habits. Finally, guano is very unsightly and is not a good look for your business when ‘painted’ all over your commercial building.
For birds to use your building, they usually need one of the following:
- Food: to survive there needs to be a reliable food source for the birds to feed.
- Shelter: birds like to escape from the harsh weather of the UK, and may use your roof, attic and solar panels for shelter.
- Water: water provides an opportunity to drink from and bath.
To stop birds from using your home or property as a nesting ground there are a few things that you should do before looking at bird control and proofing techniques.
- Identify which bird species are causing problems
- Potential obtain a gull licence
- Clean all areas outside and remove food sources
- Keep bin lids closed so they can not gain access to feed
Q: What is the best way to get rid of birds?
A: To get rid of birds effectively, you should contact our bird control team to discuss the correct method to use. DIY solutions and general cleaning often have a limited impact if the birds have already decided to call your property home.
Q: How much does it cost to have birds removed?
Q: Can Pest Control get rid of birds?
A: Yes, we have a range of control methods that are not available to the public, such as falconry bird control which is used to scare birds away from the site with a falcon.